1955-1956 Chevrolet Bel Air 150 210 Classic Update Series Wiring Kit American Autowire 500423
The Classic Update Series wiring kit by American Autowire is a complete wiring system in a box for your 1955-1956 Chevrolet Bel Air. The Classic Update Series includes everything needed to modernize your classic vehicle: headlight, dimmer, and ignition switches; boots, tubes, and grommets; fuses, relays, and flashers; original connectors, terminals, and disconnects.
This Classic Update Series wiring kit is not universal; it is specifically manufactured for your 1955-1956 Chevrolet Bel Air. This complete wiring system is designed to simplify the process of wiring your 1955-1956 Chevrolet Bel Air. Please note, the Classic Update Series is designed for modified restorations.
The 1955-1956 Chevrolet Bel Air 150 210 Classic Update Series wiring kit includes:
- Original headlight bucket grommets, parking light weatherproof boot, tube assemblies, and light sockets are included. Extra long leads are supplied for custom routing.
- Accessory disconnect provided for connections to power windows, power seats, cruise control, fuel pump, power door locks, extra radio (CB), or optional power accessory.
- New floor dimmer switch is provided. Wire length and connection accommodate original floor mounted dimmer switch.
- Standard turn signal flasher, hazard flasher, and horn relay mounted on fuse panel.
- Fuse box and custom mounting plate are designed for bolt-on, under dash installation. All required hardware supplied.
- Steering column connectors will plug directly into most aftermarket steering columns as well as 1969 and later GM columns which utilize stock GM turn signal switches. The original column can also be wired by using the supplied mating connector and terminals.
- Heater control panel lighting, power, and blower motor leads are included for original style heaters as well as aftermarket heat and AC updates.
- Instrument Cluster wiring is designed with a "cluster harness disconnect" system for easy service and assembly. All original terminals, connectors, and light sockets are also supplied for original cluster gauges.
- Replacement headlight switch with internal circuit breaker, retention collar nut, adjustable length shaft, custom knob, extra connectors, and instructions are included.
- Original design rear body weatherproof boot and tube assemblies and original design light sockets make attachment to original or reproduction tail light assemblies an easy plug-in.
- Rear body harness assembly is designed to plug into the main harness in the original under dash position utilizing existing retention clips. License plate connectors and terminals included. Fuel tank sender wire and terminal included. Special terminals included for original.
- New ignition switch is included with indexed connector. Additional connectors and instructions are provided to use the original 1955-56 ignition switches, original style door jamb switches, and overhead dome light.
- Front lighting includes extra long leads for special routing when custom under hood appearance is desired. All headlight, park light, and directional light connectors and terminals are provided, as well as a switched trigger wire for electric fan relay (usually recommended with AC).
- Engine wiring includes connectors for points type and HEI distributors. Power and tach connectors supplied for GM HEI distributors. Alternator connectors are supplied for GM "SI" series internal regulator and "one wire" alternators.
- Engine wiring includes starter and gauge sender leads for water temp, oil pressure, and tach. Heavy 8 gauge alternator leads are supplied. Power circuits are fusible link protected.
Brands American Autowire Starting Year 1955 Ending Year 1956 Make Chevrolet Model Bel Air
Customer ReviewsNo reviews have been found
Login to add review
- Ask a Question
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!